Saturday, October 22, 2022

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 2, Week 4

 Well, it's the final week of the project, so that means it's time for the final update on the Spongebob's Bedroom personal project.  I've got all of the textured models brought together, looking good in the Unreal engine.  I wanted to experiment a bit with the lighting - the flat cartoony look from the last project was nice, but it wasn't really working with this one, so I decided to bring the shadows back.  It still looks good, but I'm still not sure if I'm totally satisfied with the way it looks - lighting in Unreal is definitely one of my major week points, particularly when it comes to complicated scenes like this.  Still, I feel like it's a decent enough show off of the work I've done, and I can always go back and re-create the scene later before I formally slot this away in my portfolio.  Otherwise, not much else to report on this, and I think the images speak for themselves.  Next up, I need to figure out what the next project will be.  I might go three for three and make yet another room in Spongebob's house, probably the kitchen.  It's certainly been fun so far, working on this, so I'll have to consider it.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...