Thursday, November 17, 2022

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound up having more time than usual and got done early.  With that out of the way, I'm happy to declare that the Spongebob's kitchen project is now officially complete!  This week, all I needed to do was bring all the textured models into unreal for a final lighting and display, which I've accomplished.  I did do a few small other tasks, too - I made a simple card system for the hanging dried grass on the surfboard counters, created a simple tiling texture for the ceiling, and created a simple curved wall with tiling textures for the back wall of the kitchen.  Once I got that out of the way, bringing it all together into Unreal to set up my scene was no problem at all.  

I've been experimenting with lighting a little more, and I think this setup's looking better than the previous 2.  I don't think I've got a career as a lighting artist ahead of me, but I think I've gotten a bit better here.  I'm planning on putting all this stuff in my Artstation portfolio so employers can see it, so I'm going to use the new lighting setup to re-capture the previous two projects as well.  As things stand now, I can say that I'm pretty happy, not just with this project, but all three projects that I've been working on over the semester.  There were difficult parts, sure, but I overall enjoyed it quite a bit - the assets came out looking really fun, and I think it's a good showcase of my abilities.  I might even bundle this stuff up and put it online for download... for free, of course, what with the copyrighted material and the student licenses.  

I don't think I'm going to be able to get another project of this magnitude out with what remains of the semester.  There's not much time left before graduation, and even then there's the hustle and bustle of both holidays and graduation stuff.  I might try to work on a little something, but no guarantees - I don't think there are any Spongebob rooms with a lower amount of detail that I could pull off in the limited time we've got left.  So this may be the last project of mine here at FIEA.  It's bittersweet, but, like I said, I'm happy with the results.  In any case, let's have a look at those results and see how I did.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...