Thursday, September 16, 2021

Common Art HW #3 - Use of Value and Contrast

 Here's what I created for the third homework for common art.  As you can see, I've taken the provided image of a little space-suited alien, and given him some dimensionality using the techniques demonstrated in the video.  Shortly into my experimenting with the techniques, I realized I had a bit of a hard time making my shading as smooth and realistic as the professor's.  I decided to lean into it a bit, going intentionally for a little rougher style, almost reminiscent of painting, or maybe charcoal drawing.  In any case, here's what the end result wound up as:



Here is the layer setup:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...