Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 2, Week 2

 Again, I'm posting a little later than I'd like, on account of still recovering from the ways that the hurricane disrupted my work schedule.  I was nearly done last night, but it still needed a bit more tweaking, so I held off until today to declare it done for real.  Anyway, enough excuses.  As promised, here at the week 2 milestone, I have the completed game resolution models for all of the assets I'll need for the Spongebob bedroom project.  Now that these models are ready to go, the next week of work will be focusing on texturing them, much like I did with the previous project.  This will include making new tiling textures for the walls.  On the subject of the walls, I needed to make a special curved back wall, because I couldn't handle that one in-engine, which works for me, because it will help me scale things out.  These models were still pretty fun to work with, though most of them were more work in general because they were much more complicated than the ones from the living room.  The alarm clock, diving board, and caged scallop in particular took a ton of work to get them looking right.  Still, though, I'm feeling optimistic about the work ahead, and I'm feeling good about what I've been able to accomplish so far.  In any case, here's what I've got to show for myself this week.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...