Wednesday, July 13, 2022

3D Art III, Project 3 - Planning and Schedule

 For my final project in this class, I've decided that I'm going to make a recreation of the flying saucer from the "Destroy All Humans!" game series.  Specifically, I'm going to be recreating the original design of the saucer used in the first two games, and their modern remakes.  Speaking of the remakes, I'm not necessarily going to try to recreate the high fidelity graphics of the remakes, but I'm also certainly not going to go as primitive as the original games, either.  I'm looking to create a decent level of resolution that looks great, while not taking a prohibitively long time - this is a pretty detailed design, after all.  I'm also a bit up in the air as to whether or not I'm going to try to recreate the cockpit interior - I have half a mind to just make the dome opaque, since the cockpit is a bit hard to see, anyway, and will only add further complexity to the project.  In any case, here are some pictures of the saucer for reference.





With the references out of the way, it's time to discuss the schedule.  As I have on my previous two projects, I'm sticking with my tried and true schedule layout.

Week 1 - Proxy model, start high resolution model 

Week 2 - Finish high resolution model, including World Machine component

Week 3 - Game res model, UVs, initial bake

Week 4 - Finalized materials and textures displayed in-engine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...