Monday, July 11, 2022

3D Art III, Project 2 - Week 4 Milestones (Final Textured Model)

 This is my final turn in for the castle scene project, and I think I'm pretty satisfied by it.  The weird baking errors that showed off in my last turn-in didn't entirely go away (no matter how hard I tried to clean up the model and the UVs), but they did get pretty well covered up by the tiling textures I created for the project.  I do like how said tiling textures worked out in the end - really make the model have some extra depth, and they even don't have many of the issues that tiling textures usually have.  Even then, I did create two variants on the "stone brick" texture to mix and match for the sake of variety.  In the final unreal scene, I also added some rocks and grass models (from previous projects at FIEA) around the bases of the castle to help hide the hard seams from where the castle intersects with the ground.  In any case, let's look at the final scene and see how we did.








Week 1 - Proxy model, start high resolution model - Deadline Met!

Week 2 - Finish high resolution model, including World Machine component - Deadline Met!

Week 3 - Game res model, UVs, initial bake - Deadline met!

Week 4 - Finalized materials and textures displayed in-engine - Deadline met!

Next up, the final project of the semester begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...