Monday, September 19, 2022

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 1, Week 3

 Work continues fairly smoothly on my first personal project.  This week, the task at hand was to texture all of the game resolution models and create the tiling textures for the floor, walls, and ceiling.  I was able to accomplish all of that pretty well this time around.  I did run into a bit of a problem with directly re-creating the exact look of the references - all the original stuff looks hand painted, and, frankly, I'm garbage at digital painting.  However, I do feel like I managed to bring across the spirit of the source by giving all of the objects a good deal of visual texture.  In the end, I still feel like I was pretty successful in giving all of the objects an authentic look and feel, which you can see below.  In any case, for the final week, my only remaining task is to create a final lighting and display in Unreal, assembling all my textured models into a nice little diorama to show them all off.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...