Saturday, July 23, 2022

3D Art III, Project 3 - Week 2 Milestones (Completed High Res Model)

 This week, the task was to finish off the high resolution model for the Destroy All Humans! flying saucer.  The biggest change I made this time around was my decision to model the cockpit of the saucer, with the chair, screen, controls and all.  I figured I might as well add that in, since it didn't add too much extra work and elevated the model a bit more.  Making this decision also led me to make the dome its own separate model - I'll be giving that one a simple material that's partially transparent so that the cockpit can be seen faintly through it.  In any case, once I had my cockpit model, I was satisfied with the shape of the saucer, so I converted the smooth mesh preview to polygons and exported the model to Zbrush, where I finished the process.  This mostly revolved around filling those two long gaps on the saucer's top with miscellaneous mechanical components, to create the visual clutter that would be filling those areas up when I bake the high res normals onto the game res map.  In any case, let's see how I did this week.





Week 1 - Proxy model, start high resolution model - Deadline Met!

Week 2 - Finish high resolution model - Deadline Met!

Week 3 - Game res model, UVs, initial bake - Next Deadline

Week 4 - Finalized materials and textures displayed in-engine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...