Sunday, August 29, 2021

3D Art 1, Homework #1 - Basic Shapes in Maya

 


This is the final render for my very first project in 3D Art 1, the basic shapes.  It was, admittedly, a bit of a rocky start - the initial phases of this project were plagued with technical issues, as my semi-regular requests for help from the instructor can attest.  Once I overcame those hurdles, though, things were pretty smooth - I have a pretty good amount of experience with 3D modeling in Maya, so I was treading familiar ground when I was making the basic shapes.  I had more trouble with the rendering, though - I hadn't really done any of that before, and it was a little tough to figure out with how finicky and technical it was (not to mention the time it took to render stuff).  Still, though, initial hurdles aside, this wasn't too bad for me, since it mostly felt like slipping back into old patterns, while learning a thing or two along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Portfolio Development - Project 3, "Week" 4

 Okay, so, it really hasn't been a week.  My Ventures project didn't need any more props or environment assets from me, so I wound u...